Saturday, April 14, 2018

A New Home


WELCOME TO THE NEW SITE!


Image result for Nights of Cabiria

Hey film fans and Cinematic Review readers! Welcome to my new blog, Passion for Perceiving. You might be wondering what prompted this site change - the simple answer is that the web host I have been using since 2010 has become untenable for me. I've intended to make this leap for many years now, but kept holding back as the thought of having to transfer years of content left this less-than-tech-savvy cinephile rather apprehensive. But then I pressed something I probably shouldn't have and my site's formatting went all kablooey. Apparently this is the newfangled result of Webs.com's upgraded builder mechanism, which is shinier but hardly more usable than the old one! Left with a blog whose screwy header I cannot fix (take a look for yourself) and told by the anonymous corporate overseers (customer service) that I could not return to the former "glory" of the antiquated Webs server, I resolved to embark on this epic journey of blog reinvention.

I'm far from having mastered Blogger at this point (in fact I kind of hate it right now), and I obviously have loads of content needing to be imported, so you - and I! - must be patient. But rest assured that everything you loved about Cinematic Review will be available here too, in due time.

Cinematic spectatorship is driven by our passion for perceiving - the pleasure derived not only from looking but from being immersed in the operations and affects of the full human sensorium. The prosaic critical denotation of Cinematic Review has thus metamorphosed into the richer, fuller, more evocative...

PASSION FOR PERCEIVING. 

No comments:

Post a Comment